View Single Post
Old 12-17-2008, 11:08 PM
hempy
PPCGeeks Regular

hempy is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: A $1.48 goes a long way... Black Battery Cover!

Quote:
Originally Posted by anotherv8blazer View Post
the alum duct tape from the a\c area at a home improvment store is heat/cold and water resistant.... i did one for a co workers buddys phone that had a black back ground and a green leafy item....i put the stencil of said leaf on the cover then made very sure i had no air trapped under it and the edges were nice and stuck... then did the reg steps in the dye job... the black first,buffed with stencil still on then pealed it up and gave it a green dye... looked very good for some thing so wrong.. if he does have me clear coat it like he said he wanted ill take pics.. if not next one i do thats custom ill post it up too... fyi that tape is sharp when cut with a box knife so when buffing be careful... iv got a few tape/paper cuts
How was cleaning up after the tar residue? I have a bunch of that stuff that I was going to use, but after testing it on a cd case I determined the residue was too much hassle, plus the aluminum backing on mine was a bit too thick to get a clean cut even with a fresh razor.