View Single Post
Old 12-17-2008, 03:32 PM
blazinazn
Halfway to VIP Status

blazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to blazinazn
Re: Going to NY on a trip, should I buy a new cell phone before I go?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSGamer View Post
Right now it's "okay". I live with the horrible battery life because I love the way the phone works, I love the interface with SPB Mobile Shell and I adore the slide-out keyboard. I can't go back to a phone with a keyboard on the front and something like the Samsung Rant doesn't have a proper PIM package to work for me. So being on Sprint there are few options. Waiting for Android, but until then I need to make this phone work in all situations.
For what it's worth, I did this hack and I seem to be getting better battery life:

HKLM/Drivers/Builtin/Battery

PollInterval > Decimal Value 20000

I have been listening to music over my bluetooth stereo headset for about about 5 hours, granted I turned off email polling to manual and have charged it for a few mins here few minutes there while tweaking my phone. I'm currently at 42% at 2:30 PM. I started listening to music around 7:15 this morning. Took an hour lunch and resumed listening to music afterwards.

I've replied to about 10 emails once I synced it manually to my phone. Did some light surfing for about 5-10 minutes, played 4 games of solitaire and no calls. That is about as accurate as I can get for you.

You may want to try the hack for yourself and see if you see any improvements

Last edited by blazinazn; 12-17-2008 at 03:35 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.