View Single Post
Old 12-17-2008, 12:44 PM
Success100
VIP Member

Success100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Success100 Send a message via Yahoo to Success100
Re: Internet while on a call?

Quote:
Originally Posted by saumaun View Post
I too thought EVDO A was supposed to provide this.

But it makes sense that they may disable it in order to reduce network strain.
exactly. I would also imagine a CDMA device with this enabled would have HORRIBLE battery life.

Quote:
I wonder if it depends on your area. I know that it doesn't work here in Charlotte, but my friend in Colorado Springs, co got a touch pro, and is on the stock ROM. When I was talking to him, he was telling me that he didn't know that he could use the internet and be on the phone at the same time... I was like what??? You can use the internet while you are on the phone, and he said yes. I made sure I asked if he was using WIFI, and he said no. He hasn't even tried using Wifi on his phone since his sprint internet is fast.

So maybe it is enabled there. I know that the system there is different than here. When I lived there, I was so used to hearing a dialtone for a half of a secong when soneone hangs up on the other line (during call waiting), and it doesn't do that here.
Well, id love him to tell me how he does it, because if he has the ONE Sprint branded Touch Pro that has this enabled..then he must be able to walk on water too!

ALL HAIL SUCCESS100!!! lol!