View Single Post
Old 12-17-2008, 10:49 AM
abrigham
Regular 'Geeker

abrigham is becoming a PPCGeeks regularabrigham is becoming a PPCGeeks regularabrigham is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to abrigham Send a message via Yahoo to abrigham Send a message via Skype™ to abrigham
Re: Linux/Android working on Titan

Quote:
Originally Posted by joemorin73 View Post
Is it worth the effort of making the 6800 support the android? Don't get me wrong, I do think the idea of android on 6800 is a wonderful idea. But by the time we get a stable solid version of Android with all the features, is it possible we will all have upgraded that either A) are android phones or B) newer hardware that is already compatible to the androids on the market?
I know that for me, at least, this isn't so much about getting android working to the point of being the primary OS on my Titan as it is about tinkering. Its similar to the reason I have my laptop setup to dual boot Vista and Ubuntu. As a tech geek, and a technology professional, I try to keep current w/ the latest trends and Android is definitely one of them. Also, I enjoy getting a taste of Android and getting familiar with it, so when Sprint does come out w/ an Android based phone, it won't be such a shock to the system when I upgrade. So, that to me is well worth the effort that these fine folks are putting into getting Android working on the Titan and any help I can provide in the way of feedback.