View Single Post
Old 12-17-2008, 04:42 AM
x10guy
VIP Member

x10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: WM6.1 build 20931 kitchen

Quote:
Originally Posted by quick99si View Post
There appear to be some serious problems with the latest kitchen. I can't find much through extensive searches so I'm posting to see if anyone else if having similar problems. All work was performed on a 2-day old Sprint Touch Pro unlocked with HardSPL 0.37.

1. HTC YouTube does not work at all. Error: "The file 'YouTube' cannot be opened. Either it is not signed with a trusted certificate, or one of its components cannot be found." I don't know if it's a signing problem or just a missing file (exe is there). I've tried 4-5 other installations (ranging from straight VGA, Diamond dump, YouTube QVGA + VGA skin, ghetto patching, and even a French one which works great except that the sound doesn't work). I tried cooking a very simple rom with just YouTube selected and still got the same error, as well as in built 20924 and 20755 (no change).

2. Audio Manager does not work in HTC Home - same error as above. I do not know if it's a missing DLL or a security issue yet. If it's not selected in the kitchen, same error appears AND TF3D errors out on the Sprint Music tab (whereas it works fine otherwise). I tried installing from a cab but got the same error.

3. Battery level is not displayed as a percentage in the stock power applet, neither 1% nor 5% makes a difference. The stock Sprint ROM had the percentage above the bar indicator. I even created an empty rom without any selections and the percentage is still missing.

4. Startup animation doesn't work unless its OEM is selected ("Startup Animation" in BOOT OPTIONS). This is the first time I've changed the animation because the Sprint one is actually a 320x240 GIF expanded to 640x480 --> grainy. Leaving it at 'Default' still overwrites the animation on the phone. The result is a black screen instead of an animation + a system error beep (for file not found I assume).

5. TF3D lags for 5 seconds on Internet tab. With just TF3D installed (meaning Manila - Sprint_Raphael) or with anything else, it takes a good 5sec for the Browser/Youtube/PPC icons to be rendered in the Internet tab. It's much quicker in the stock Sprint rom and nue's rom 217. 5 seconds is a pretty long time when waiting for the ability to open the browser.

That's not to say that the kitchen is bad. On the contrary, I'm very pleased with it and the rom's overall performance. I've cooked my roms since the Apache days and more recently my Mogul, which benefitted the most from removing bloadware. Anyway, I think that the resolution to the 5 points above would make the cooked rom's perfect IMO.

Thanks for reading!
I've flashed using the 20931 kitchen and can comment on 1 and 3.

HTC Youtube works fine. Never had a problem with it. Also the battery levels show 1% increments fine too. (now if I could only increase battery life, that would be a trick)

I'm not sure if that helps but #1 and #3 definitely work on my TP.