View Single Post
Old 12-17-2008, 01:06 AM
TurboFool
Timeless

TurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to TurboFool Send a message via MSN to TurboFool Send a message via Yahoo to TurboFool
Re: Seidio Extended Battery worth it? 2000 mAh

While I certainly hoped for more, I can't say I'm terribly surprised. The battery in our phone is roughly half the physical size of the Mogul's battery. So to extend it within a relatively limited depth (make it too fat and it's beyond unreasonable) and have no ability to extend lengthwise restrains the increase pretty heavily. And I bet in order to get it this small HTC already made use of most of the size-cutting measures companies like Seidio or their suppliers use to one-up them. So that doesn't leave a lot of wiggle room.

That said, the price is about $15 less than the 3800mAh battery for the Mogul, so at least they're not charging the same price for less. A lot of that cost is merely the base components that would go into any size battery.

At this point I'm not willing to simply shrug it off. The stock battery is simply unacceptable, and while Seidio's slimline extended battery doesn't provide enough boost to be worth a purchase for me, this one will likely be about the best we can get. And despite previous complaints, I'm pretty impressed with the effort they made on the door's material, so that's a plus for me. Unless someone comes out of nowhere with a much higher-capacity option for the same physical size and similar price, I'll likely be buying this one.