View Single Post
Old 12-16-2008, 04:27 AM
ajtla
Lurker

ajtla is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
answer to phone / bluetooth headset

using sprint touch pro. got a jawbone 2 headset a month ago, and for incoming calls:
- call routed to phone when i hit "answer" on the phone's screen or the send key on the phone
- call routed to headset only if i push the button on the headset to answer the call

i recently had to replace that jawbone 2. the new one is the same product but i guess it's called "new jawbone" now instead of jawbone 2.

with the replacement headset, it routes the call to the headset no matter what, even if push "answer" on the phone.

i suspect it is some firmware change with the jawbone device, because i didn't change a single thing on the phone.

one thing i noticed about the replacement device- when pairing with the phone, in bluetooth manager the only profile that shows up and is selectable is "hands free". but if i hit "refresh", the "hands free" profile disappears, and the "headset" profile is the only one that appears.

any ideas on how to get the functionality back that i had with my first jawbone 2? i use password protect on the phone, so using a fast bluetooth on/off toggle app is not really an option because i still have to type in a password when the device is locked.

thx in advance.

Last edited by ajtla; 12-16-2008 at 04:31 AM.