View Single Post
Old 07-03-2007, 04:02 PM
luv2chill
Retired Staff

luv2chill is keeping up the good workluv2chill is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via ICQ to luv2chill Send a message via AIM to luv2chill Send a message via MSN to luv2chill Send a message via Yahoo to luv2chill Send a message via Skype™ to luv2chill
Nothing huge in this ROM at the surface, but a couple things people may want to check out:

1. Active/Inactive data arrows working! Many of us really missed losing this function with the unofficial AKU3 ROMs.

2. A2DP is built-in and much improved. I had a lot of success with my old HP/Logitech A2DP headphones, which skipped horribly with any other A2DP hack, including the most recent 3.3/3.5/New Core kitchens. There is not a single glitch now, and the SQ is as good as it currently gets with A2DP (wired still sounds better, but not much).

I also tried my cheapo MSI FS300 headset but the audio cut out on that in the first two seconds and didn't come back. I haven't charged the battery on that lately though so I'm gonna do that and try again later.

One caveat:

I haven't been able to get time to sync. I am wondering if it depends on the newer radio ROM included with this package (version 1.41). Might get adventurous and flash that later on today to see if it gets time sync working again without causing any other problems.

The future:

No one get their hopes up (PLEASE) but there is a possibility that this ROM will enable us to get WM6 working on the Apache. I have notified helmi_c, but he's a very busy guy and it may take him a while to take a look at it to see if its core files are compatible with WM6.

There is reason for some optimism though, at least a bit more than we had before this ROM came out!

And many thanks to Bell Mobility for ponying up the money to HTC to get this ROM made. I know they did not intend for non-BM users to have it, but thanks just the same!