View Single Post
Old 12-15-2008, 11:11 PM
lipidfats
VIP Member

lipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Want both TF3D and Today Screen?

Quote:
Originally Posted by zero157h7 View Post
I installed it and have had mtoday. I do not know about the memory that Darren spoke of because I uninstalled mtoday but it seems to me like the transition from tf3d to today screen and vice versa is instant where as with mtoday not so much.

I liked that in the video he was using finger gestures to switch between the 2. I am not sure how he did it, but it is something that I presume would be easy to do with other software. I have a couple of plugins active and they are all fine. I am going ot set up rss hub and see if it looks ok.

I am not saying Darren is wrong but my memory is at 37% and I do not think it is too bad.
i dunno, i've heard even in the original xda thread that this program uses up more memory than 2nd today. As for the instantaneous transitions, have you tried 2nd today? I find it's pretty quick even on first launch... after that, it switches and loads plugins with a blink of an eye. Haven't ever tried mtoday, so i can't compare.

About finger gestures: he's probably using FtouchSL - http://www.ftouchsl.com/

The new g-alarm is great, love the calculations screen!