View Single Post
Old 12-13-2008, 03:57 AM
dr g
Regular 'Geeker

dr g is keeping up the good workdr g is keeping up the good workdr g is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: SD Speed increase

Quote:
Originally Posted by bedoig View Post
What class card do you have? If it is a slow card to begin with, those tweaks won't make any difference.

And for anyone who is interested in the original thread, check out the Touch HD (Blackstone) forum at XDA. It was originally posted in a video playback thread created by tnyynt (I believe it's a sticky). And by the way, his recommended encoding settings really do work well. I have The Dark Knight encoded to a 1.2GB AVI container, FLV/MP3 codec with 1000+kbps video bitrates that plays flawlessly.

[Edit: original thread here]
Is there really a definitive proof that the card class can potentially make a difference in internal read operations?

EDIT: As a result of my tests, research and observation, I'm leaning toward the belief that it's not the data bitrate that is the problem; I believe the device can read and process data plenty fast enough. There seem to be other bottlenecks; for example with video, it seems to have more to do with the raw number of pixels being processed for display ... I get benchmark increases, and bench data rate increases, between two files encoded at the same bitrate but which differ in pixel dimensions (e.g. a 640x480 550kbps file benchmarks at 85% while a 640x264 550kbps file benchmarks at 110%.

Last edited by dr g; 12-13-2008 at 04:11 AM.