View Single Post
Old 12-12-2008, 05:31 PM
crazaytalent
PPCGeeks Regular

crazaytalent is keeping up the good workcrazaytalent is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: A critique of M2D and how it could be improved...

LOL... wow... its gettin a lil tense in here aye fellas?

personally I found the dmx0 original post to be quite humourus and made some very interesting and valid points, while i wouldnt agree w/ all... that just comes down to basic customizational prefrences... for nstance your veiw on the internet tab is dead on, but instead of having clickable bookmarks directly on that tab i'd prefer a way to put multiple internet (both browser and chat/im icons) as I use multiple and browsers... skyfire for flash video site and opera for downloads and browsing...just a matter of prefrence...

but I also also agree with some of what tatnai said... and with that understanding and an understanding of how m2d (and wm6.1) works, im not sure all of those thing would be possible, without just building an all new user interface.

To me a lot of the short coming mentiond about m2d are really wm short coming such as the unappealing look of out look and email... i mean m2d, like most other htc Ui's is just a way of covering it up, and trying to make it more finger friendly... but in my opinion htc has always been more about form factor and less about functionality... i.e. the idea of touch flo in general from the cube all the way to tf3d... m2d was really just an emulation of tf3d... but ultimatly it was a way to make wm a more pleasing and finger friendly os for ouchscreens... they've rarly done m uch to improve on wm functionality as is, which is why we have so many 3rd party developers...

ultimatly all we can do is try to find lil work arounds to customizes these things, at least until we get an a more functional OS and a new UI buld... but still some of these suggestions can be made to the powers that be who are working on new UI's weather it be XDA, HTC... whoever

just my 2 cents