Thread: No 5G?
View Single Post
Old 12-12-2008, 04:32 PM
shaun0207
DaGreatOne

shaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to shaun0207 Send a message via Yahoo to shaun0207 Send a message via Skype™ to shaun0207
Re: No 5G?

Quote:
Originally Posted by trance2002 View Post
WiMax as is is being pushed out by Clearwire is based on the 802.16e standard. Which is a totally new air interface to any of the handsets we have today. To use that network or any of the LTE networks that are coming, we'll all be buying new hardware. I'm not saying they wouldn't build a WiMax femtocell that might look like a WiFi router but we are talking about toatlly different technologies.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDiesel07 View Post
In a very simplified version, yes, it is kinda like T-Mobile @Home... The T-Mobile @ Home uses Wi-Fi to transmit Data and Voice.. Wi-Max is a whole new technology, but it transmits Data and Voice much like the T-Mobile @Home does.. Also, Wi-Max is more like a cellular network in that it can span a much larger area then just a house..

Wi-Max is 4G.. It is Sprint's 4G network... I believe that Wi-Max will not be sold like a Femtocell.. It will be built on towers, much like today's wireless network is set up.. It is a whole new technology, so devices have to be built to use it..

And you apologized and recognized that you were thread jacking... It's no problem!
I hate having to to have a house phone when everyone in my house has at least two cellphone. Pointless to me. I havent had a hardline in the house for 8yrs. Til I got married. A friend of mine has the Tmobile at home and she likes it alot. She says it disconnects alot from her router, but it doesnt really bother her and it says her money.