View Single Post
Old 12-12-2008, 01:01 AM
Turbo3
Lurker

Turbo3 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Opera Mini fix for untrusted midlet

I have just tested this version of Java (Jeodek Build ID: 20070403) with MGMAPS.

Stored maps is one of the main features I use when I am out of the country. However, for some reason this version of Java does not think the HTC TP can access storage. Anyone know if there is a way to enable storage access. I have other versions of the Esmertec Java that support storage but those do not support vga resolution.

The message I get is:
Error
Filesystem storage is not supported on this phone

The other problem I have with this version is that you can not drag the map around with the touch screen. This is a little strange since you can access the menu system with the touch screen and even move the map if you touch the arrow icons on the screen as well as change map types.

But everything else seems to work including internal GPS and accessing map tiles from the internet. You can enable automatic movement of the map to track your GPS position.

However, maps at true 640 x 480 resolution are a little too small to use while driving. Even hand held the street names are very small. Look very nice though, very detailed.

I will probably stay with the other version of Esmertec Java that scales a 320x240 image up to 640x480. It still looks nice and is easier to read.

Turbo3