PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

DSGamer is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: I'm really starting to love the Touch Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by hempy View Post
How come? From some reviews that I've read, Android seems more locked down than WM, and wound up being far from the open-ended, open-kernel os that everyone had expected it to be. I haven't used a G1, so I'm only going by second hand info, but I like to get as much info as possible from as many viewpoints as possible.
I've used both. And to me the whole open vs. closed thing doesn't mean much to me. Windows, in theory, is less open than Linux. But that wasn't even the reason I liked the G1 better. I like the G1 better because you can tell it was a phone built from scratch to be a phone. It does have the legacy of a Palm or a Windows Mobile and thus it's very easy to use. Nice big buttons, simple UI, just a pleasure to use.

Don't get me wrong, as far as smartphones go, I'm really loving the Touch Pro. But the touch screen interface just isn't as usable as the G1. Tiny ok buttons, tiny x buttons. Tiny drop downs, tiny text boxes. It's just not as easy to use as the G1. Plus Android is ridiculously responsive. Faster than Windows Mobile and faster than Palm.