View Single Post
Old 12-10-2008, 02:44 PM
Brent212
PPCGeeks Regular

Brent212 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: PANDORA for WM is HERE!

Okay, there must be some issue with my phone, because this is the 3rd or 4th program in recent memory that I've been unable to use with the screen off, while others have claimed it works.

I'm using a Sprint Touch with Slide2Unlock (which I'm thinking could be the culprit).

When I push the button on top to turn off the screen, the sound stops. I'm thinking that could be the norm and I just shouldn't actively turn off the screen.

However, if I leave Pandora running, the screen dims after 30 seconds, but won't turn off completely ever. So I guess I can use it that way, but it sucks that the battery will be drained faster because the screen is still on.

When I press the button to turn the screen off and the sound stops, if I press the button again, the screen turns on, displaying the slide2unlock screen, and the sound starts again. Now the screen will actually turn off on its own after 30 seconds. When that happens, the sound stops for about 1 second, then it starts up again, giving me hope. But then after about 5-10 seconds, it stops again completely.

Any thoughts? Is this normal behavior, or is there something I need to do to my phone so that either (a) pushing the button to turn off the screen lets the sound continue to play, or (b) the screen will shut off completely on its own after a set length of time while pandora is running and the sound will continue to play?

Thanks.