Thread: Got my 700wx...
View Single Post
Old 09-14-2006, 08:04 PM
storyr
VIP Member

storyr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PPC6700Man
I have a question. From the 6700 to the 700wx, Can I just hook up the 700wx and sync it right away? Or do I need to pop in the CD and download whatever's on it first?

And if I do that, Will I loose any info from the stuff sync'd to my computer from the 6700? I'm mostly worried about loosing my contacts.

They are sync'd and loaded into my Outlook 2003, so they should be fine there right? And still avaliable to sync over to the 700wx and not get erased or anything right?
I just went through this exercise (6700 to 700wx). No need to reinstall ActiveSync.

Just hook your phone up to the computer and ActiveSync will detect your new device and go through the set-up screens - where you can configure what get's sync'ed.

Everything that was on your 6700 will now be on your 700wx.

TIP: Before you do this, you can customize your device id by going to Start -> Settings -> System -> About. Select the Device ID tab and change the Device Name. This is the name that ActiveSync will know the device as...