Lurker
Threadstarter

mellospace is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: How to keep e-mail on the server

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimd144 View Post
imap messages are left on the server by default. POP downloads all messages, including spam. There are advanced settings, you just need to find them. Both on Gmail options, and on your phone. There is a box on the phone to check to delete messages off server when exiting. Or you can leave them on the server.
Ok, this problem still happening. This is what's going on. I just set up my GMAIL accts on my Htc touch pro (IMAP). Everytime I delete one of the email from the phone, it deletes the item from my gmail inbox (online) and put it under a "deleted items" label on gmail. YOu can see the image below. On the left, you will see the new label called "deleted items". My deleted items from the phone will move from inbox to there. Is it supposed to work that way? I would like to keep the emails on my server's inbox, not somewhere else. I had it set up POP, now IMAP and still the samething happened both ways. On the phone, the only settings I have are "delete them from server" or "Move them to server trash", no other option. At the moment, I have it on "Move them to server trash" and it is sending the deleted items to that "deleted items" label on gmail. I guess it's not on gmail's trash, just on "deleted items" label and not on my inbox so I guess unless I delete them from the "deleted items" label, they won't be deleted, i hope. Or will they automatically be deleted from there?

My IMAP setting on gmail are on the pic below, plus you can see the "deleted items" label on the left.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg newLabelCreated.JPG (102.5 KB, 8 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by mellospace; 12-09-2008 at 06:17 PM.