View Single Post
Old 12-09-2008, 12:16 PM
Ender519
PPCGeeks Regular

Ender519 is keeping up the good workEnder519 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Question Argghh!!! USB Drivers for tethering??? Anyone?

So... I use my Touch Pro for business use and have it all reimbursed.. as such I have VZAccess enabled on my account. I know VZAccess is not typically the greatest app in the world so I usually setup a DUN connection, but I cannot seem to find the drivers ANYWHERE.. I have Vista Ultimate x64 and I'm out of town without the CD that came with the phone. VZW doesn't have the driver anywhere on their site, it's not included with the VZAccess software downloaded from vzam.net, and when you call HTC you get techs that have an intelligence level that rivals most bricks and they just claim that Verizon has to provide the driver and "they just manufacture the phones".

I have no clue why it's so freaking hard to find these drivers, but if anyone can help I'd appreciate it.. I'm on the phone w/ Verizon tech support now and they have no idea what to do, they know there should be a driver but apparently if you don't have the CD that came with the phone you're S.O.L..

When I plug it in, it's coming up as "Generic Serial" and it's not finding the drivers.