View Single Post
Old 12-05-2008, 09:22 AM
willnj
N00b

willnj is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Touch Pro Reviews

Just moved from the Touch to the Touch Pro yesterday, so this is a quick first impression.

Physical
I like the look of the phone. VGA screen is beautiful, I watch lots of movies commuting on the bus. I like the feel of the phone in my hands, but hate the fingerprints that show up on it. I have noticed the creak with the case talked about in some post. Even though it thicker than the touch its worth it for the keyboard, I lived with a soft keyboard and tried to tell myself its as good. In my one day of use I have noticed it heatup but its not as bad as I thought it would be. I do miss the camera button, I had S2U2 mapped to it. I wish HTC added a button or 2 instead of taking away the one from the touch.

Functionality

I'm impressed with the speed so far, but its still early. On my Touch streaming media would slow down, but so far no problems on the Touch Pro. The T3D seems more responsive than the manilla 2d I had on the Touch, no real lag time yet. I am still using the stock rom with Goodthings2life cleanup. My bluetooth is working as expected, I use a Jabra BT8010 headset.

I'm still learning my way around and will followup after a few more days