View Single Post
Old 12-05-2008, 03:33 AM
KOF33
Lurker

KOF33 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Have a G1, about to give the Touch Pro a second chance, am I crazy?

Have to say everything WM has lacked TF3D has given. The interface is alot sleeker and easier than sloppy icon based interfaces Iphone/G1 use.
Take a look around..while theres no "instant on sponsored by htc" way to change the interface theres been virtually nothing Ive come across that cant be changed. Adding removing tabs , changing the color scheme , icons etc.
Thats one thing WM has always had over other "smart" phones for years.

I was faced with same choice and the absolute only thing that I do wish I had from the G1 is the screensize/trackball/slide IMO its the best of all worlds. Android though ?...I visited too many forums and heard far more complaints than "unique" features.

Im not trying to sway so much as baffled as to how MS bashing still exists with so much end user power.

Anyways price is the biggest factor. Far as Im concerned Iphone is too restrictive and Android in its infancy. WM6.1 with TF3D and its ridiculous amount of options progs etc are an easy choice.

The speed tweaks in the stickies here improved my interface speed tremendously. If you REALLY dont care how the interface looks and just want every ounce of ram dedicated to speeding up the phone than TP will blow G1 away. Having had both for a few days to play with I found the TP more responsive and easier to manage with its default task mgr. G1 always seems glutted up at the end of the day much like I phone did before recent software update. FWIW G1 google maps/browser was faster than TP but that could be provider issues so YMMV. Sites were smoother as well. TP has that weird grey box effect when drawing up pages.

Aaaanyways.. you have 30 days to try out sprint no ? ..... a few weeks of using both in real life day to day is far more reliable than anything youll see on the net. I could be vp of Google for all you know =-).

Last edited by KOF33; 12-05-2008 at 03:37 AM.