View Single Post
Old 12-04-2008, 02:45 PM
BigDiesel07
Big MVP Diesel
Threadstarter

BigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to BigDiesel07 Send a message via Skype™ to BigDiesel07
Re: HTC issues Touch Pro security update

Quote:
Originally Posted by chronster View Post
I saw this earlier today and didn't think much of it. Is this something everyone should do?
Yeah.. If you use WAP you probably should..

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypeo View Post
is this for a GSM phone or a European phone? I can't find it on HTC US under Sprint upgrades!!
I believe this is a universal fix for all HTC Touch Pro's..

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapleleaf14 View Post
I thought the HTC instructions said to put the .exe file onto your phone and then execute it from the phone.

That being said, I transferred the file to my phone, but I haven't installed it yet...kind of waiting on some others to do it to see if it makes things better or not!! I got my TP working pretty sweet now and I'm hesitant to do anything to it that might screw it up!
I don't think this will screw anything up.. But it's always good to wait for others to test it out.. Nothing wrong with that..

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsperez View Post
Like someone else just said... if it's an exe file you probably have to run it on your PC while connected via AS.

tsp
Yeah.. Here are the instructions from HTC...

Quote:
Follow the instructions below to download and install the hot fix on your device:
  1. Make sure you have Microsoft ActiveSync® installed on your Windows XP PC or Windows Mobile Device Center on your Windows Vista® PC. You can find Microsoft ActiveSync from this link or Windows Mobile Device Center from this link.
  2. Connect and synchronize your device with your PC via Microsoft ActiveSync® or Windows Mobile Device Center using the USB cable.
  3. To download the hot fix, first select the check box below. Next, select the hot fix and the desired FTP site then click Download.
  4. Copy the hot fix, which is an .exe file, to your device.
To install the hot fix, tap the .exe file and follow the on-screen instructions.
Quote:
Originally Posted by micro254 View Post
thanks for the update bd
No problem Micro.. Want to keep my fellow PPC Geek's safe!
This post has been thanked 1 times.