View Single Post
Old 12-03-2008, 10:50 PM
Palladium
PPCGeeks Regular

Palladium is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPalladium is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPalladium is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: battery life increaser ***Huge***

Quote:
Originally Posted by creedin View Post
so i normally charge my phone with the wall outlet and my phone would die by the end of the day (from like 9-9 it would die) from about 7-6ish it would die, well last night i was too lazy to plug it into the wall and just plugged it into my computer. well, i got up this morning, it was all charged went to school at 7 and had a 100% charge till about 10, then had a 90 percent till about 3 then 80% from 3 till 7. I have texted, played games, had apps open, and it is still running strong! maybe a trick?

let me know if this works for others.
There may be some truth to this, I have noticed (and actually posted in another thread) that if the phone is allowed to go to sleep while charging, when the battery reaches 100% and quits charging, the battery will begin to discharge, and when removed from the charger the battery level (accurate or not) drops to 80-90%. If you plug the charger back in and let it charge to full and take it off, it stays at 98-100% (yes, I'm using the nuepower batery driver) and lasts much longer that if you did not "top off" the battery. If you leave the phone hooked to the USB port to charge, Activesync will keep the phone from sleeping and it will continue to charge/top off the battery.
This post has been thanked 1 times.