View Single Post
Old 12-03-2008, 03:19 AM
ironi
N00b

ironi is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Verizon Touch Pro has 192MB RAM?

not sure if this info will ease anyone's mind, but here goes...

i got a vzw touch pro 3 days ago. i knew what i was getting myself into with a crippled phone but gave it a shot anyway. right out of the box, the device was slow. it was painful. i watched people on youtube play around with their sprint touch pros and notice how fast they were. the verizon version was nothing of the sort. however, somehow after 3 days of messing with this thing (2 hard resets, advanced configuration tool experimentation, tf3d config, theme changes) i have to say, i managed to get this thing working pretty well. the screen rotation is quick and effortless (although perhaps a few milliseconds slower than sprint's), opera is smooth, everything else very responsive. i'll admit that due to the ram issue i won't be able to run as many apps simultaneously as someone with a sprint touch pro, but how many apps do people run at the same time? i know media applications are pretty ram-intensive, so if i were playing music and trying to run opera at the same time, i'd hit some snags. all in all, i'm not entirely dissatisfied with this device. i gave a lot of thought to switching to sprint, but i don't think i trust them enough to throw myself into a 2 year contract with them.
This post has been thanked 3 times.