View Single Post
Old 12-02-2008, 11:53 AM
gobmonster
Halfway to VIP Status

gobmonster is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargobmonster is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargobmonster is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Dissapointing gaming (video drivers COULD make it better!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmartburrito View Post
At least it's an improvement over the Titan right? Or is it?

I'm really hoping we get Android on the TP, it should make a difference, right? I mean, it uses OpenGL rather than Direct Draw, and the G1 doesn't seem to have issues fully rendering nicely using that.
Yeah, im starting to put alot of hope in android, but dont forget, google is like microsoft on those parts, they arent making the drivers, htc is. Htc made all the g1 drivers so dont expect something out of the ordinary to happen.

And the titan had virtually nothing when it came to driver performance, its not hard to improve on nothing. Its 400mhz processor couldnt run videos better than its competitors. In all honesty, im not even going to risk this same problem in my next device. HTC seems to be the dominant cellular winmo maker right now (US), so i dont have much choice, but next phone i buy will more than likely not be HTC or atleast htc+qualcomm. Im not sure which one of them is making things difficult, but someone doesnt care whether our phones can run 640*480 video without taking massive encoding hits.

Ive heard that the x1 runs video better, but i havent seen anything personally... still, im willing to put my money on the x1 drivers being better than the htc ones.