View Single Post
Old 12-01-2008, 07:27 PM
JQuill
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

JQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Slide out qwerty phones, or non slide out querty phones?

Quote:
Originally Posted by blasphemous_prime View Post
...because IMO along with years down the line using this form factor, my Apache survived some major major punishment as well as the Mogul and ultimately the Euro-Tilt (Kaiser) which is a helluva tank that seems almost resistant to dings
Regardless of a phones resistance to dings has nothing to do with the Qwerty being there or not. Not flaming AT ALL, just saying. If anyhing I found my Apache to be like a sick child, a slight gust of wind would break that thing. My mogul was good but my biggest thing is leaving my phone on my lap and stepping out of my car so it falls from my lap onto the ground. This will kill any phone after a month of doing it over and over again.

Quote:
and I don't like the fact that the Diamond seems so limiting with 4GB of internal storage with an OS that can handle up to 32GB of expandable storage. That ain't "The Real McCoy" for me at all.
This is a very VERY good point. But the only media I really use that is on the phone itself are pictures. For my movies and songs I have my own website/server so I set up a streaming site for my music and access it from my phone with windows media player, for my videos, now on my Diamond, I can now create a private youtube channel that only I can see for all my movies. I think the whole point of a mobile device is to have NOTHING stored on the device itself and stream as much as possible.

Quote:
Besides that, while I'm driving, why have the device in my hand when I can reply with a custom template while the device is mounted?
Custom on screen keyboard template? or custom physical keyboard that goes with the mount? The diamonds on screen keyboard is perfect for me because it gives me ALL options (either full qwerty, t9 style qwerty, regular phone pad style, or all the other WM6.1 options like letter recognition) ... My ideal is voice recognition so I can text message or e-mail just by speaking into the phone. I have yet to find that in any software of device (sounds like something palm would do tho, don't ask me why).

Quote:
And if you want a real slim model, look for a GSM Diamond like I have, which is nearly half the size of the CDMA version.
I like the size of the CDMA version, not too small not too big. I just had the maroon back but I dyed it black.