View Single Post
Old 12-01-2008, 05:02 PM
bruceo
Halfway to VIP Status

bruceo knows their stuffbruceo knows their stuffbruceo knows their stuffbruceo knows their stuffbruceo knows their stuffbruceo knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Want MORE RAM? Disable HTC Dialer Skin

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmorton10 View Post
the links is down right now, but that blue VGA dialer skin that Paul Degroot has been working on (the XDA link) works great in my TP. It doesn't seem to bog down the ringer at all like the diamond skin.

I used the SVGA version in all my Titan's & loved it.

~John
Yes it is. I just installed it ad it graphically blows anything out there away. It is a little more sluggish than the stock dialer in anwering, but not as bad as the manilla. But still not responsive enough to use with S2U2. Hopefully AC can fix this.

S2U2 full screen caller ID is awesome with the slide to answer/ignore, the best way not to make accidental answers by bumping an answer button in your pocket.

My tests show stock dialer with S2U2 ringer comes up on 2nd ring. S2U2 with pauls skin 2-3 ring w/ manila 3-4 rings. take S2U2 off and it drops down 1 ring each. It is like S2U2 is fighting with the skin's caller ID function.

My wifes touch pro with not near as much stuff installed on it, but same background process configuration as mine hers is 1 ring faster than mine, where with stock dialer and S2U2 fullscreen it literally rings immediately when the phone rings and the caller ID is instant. Which makes me think for sure that the combination of dialer skin and a certain registry setting are causing this.

I am conflicted because I hate the stock dialer skin with it's small buttons, but love S2U2 call id but this is the only combo that provides responsive ringing. I love Pauls skin overall, so right now that is what i am using by itself and hope AC will fix it or find the reason that S2 + Skin is sluggish to audibily ring.

Last edited by bruceo; 12-01-2008 at 05:05 PM.