View Single Post
Old 11-30-2008, 12:35 PM
KillerQ
PPCGeeks Regular

KillerQ is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKillerQ is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKillerQ is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKillerQ is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Way to change default SMS behavior? Pop up, unlock, etc...

Hey all,

I think it it would be wonderful if there was a way to alter a few of the default sms settings on the Mogul. I am using a Sprint Mogul with WM 6.1.

Here are my thoughts:

a) Have the phone unlock itself when an sms popup is received - that way we don't have to add extra steps to dismiss or respond to the message.

b) Change the amount of time that a new sms popup window is displayed for. This way we can still have it on the screen in 30 seconds, and not have to go digging because we didn't get to it fast enough.

c) Alter the way that the phones sees messages as "read". I mean, it seems like I have to go into messaging, read a message, and THEN i still have to close the current window - all to let the phone know that the message was read. I can't tell you how often i read one, then get reminded in 5 minutes that i have an unread message.

Now, I am not sure if there are reg tweaks, or 3rd party software for any of this, but it would be great!