View Single Post
Old 11-30-2008, 02:52 AM
CaliforniaPlaya
PPCGeeks Regular

CaliforniaPlaya is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Best Buy sucks - anyone else have this problem?

WOW jdogg, I hope not everything in your life is made to be as complicated as this. OK, lets get this figured out. We know BB isn't very willing to help you out.
Go to http://storelocator.sprint.com/SL2/Default.aspx enter your zip code, that will show you all the Sprint stores with and without repair centers as well as some (not sure if all) indirect stores some of which have repair centers. You may be surprised that you have a store closer than you think.

Before you go, try giving them a call. Briefly explain the situation and find out how (not if) they are able to help you. I say how, because the worst they will do for you is make you use your insurance to order a replacement phone. Your best bet might to go with an exchange based on the chrome problem. If they don't know about, have them look in their system that they apparently have (based on information i've seen on here) to check for the Pro chrome issue. If that doesn't work, have them pull up your account (don't know if they'll do this over the phone), if the notes are on there as you say, they should be able to see it. If none of that works, go for the insurance exchange and have them order you one. I'd insist on getting a new one though, since its a new device I wouldn't settle for a refurb. Once you've confirmed that they will exchange it for you, get the name of the person you spoke to. Then go to the store to do what you gotta do so you don't waste a trip there for nothing.

Now, keep in mind, if they are backordered, there is nothing at store level that can be done about this. They will get them when they get them. I know thats frustrating, but it is what it is. Make sure they take your information and call you once your phone arrives. I would think this should take care of it, but if that doesn't and they can't help you and you don't want to contact another store, call customer service. Escalate the issue to retentions if you have to. I hate to suggest that as that seems to be the way for some people to see how much they can get for free from Sprint, but it sounds like you have legitimate problem (even though I think you should have been a little more proactive getting BB to do something within the first 30 days). Between the store level and customer service/retentions, I'd be willing to bet you'll get this issue resolved fairly simply.

Good luck!!!