View Single Post
Old 11-29-2008, 09:40 PM
xxxjdoggxxx
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

xxxjdoggxxx is a n00b
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Best Buy sucks - anyone else have this problem?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insoc View Post
All this for chrome chip, that will happen anyway?
No this is not all for a chip in the chrome. If that was the only problem I wouldn't even bother returning it. If you want to know all the problems with my Pro read some of my posts from the past couple weeks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insoc View Post
What should you do... I think you dropped the ball by not getting BB to stand by their product weeks ago when it was out of stock, and promise you a new one even after 30 days were up.

If you had issues with the phone when you purchased it, you were a fool to keep it, unless they promised you a replacement when they had new stock. Did they promise you one? If not, why did you buy a phone you had issues with?

"Hey this phone is bad, I want a new one."

"Sir this is the last one."

"Ok, I guess I will pay full price for it then, oh wait before I pay for this, can I talk to your Manager please?" Gee, I wonder if I ask their manager, will he:

1. Promise to replace this one when they get new ones in stock, that would be nice.
2. Give me a Discount on this phone seeing it is scratch and dent.
3. If I am offered nothing, I will take my business elsewhere...

Seems to me that you compromised yourself when you accepted the phone with the chip. You could have returned it just before your 30 days for a full refund, then gone to Sprint to buy a new one, but no, that would have been hard and you would have had nothing to cry about. You had a choice, noone but yourself made you do it. I would go out and buy a chrome paint pen and paint the chip and call it a hard day's end.

P.S. For insurance purposes I have heard that some of the TPs were recalled due to Chrome issues. The ESN range was listed here, a quick search should find it. If your phone is one of them, you get a new one lucky you! Also, I understand BB sends out for repairs before replacing, but they do not have any deductibles. I am not sure what Sprint Insurance is like, I paid for it for too many years and never once used it.
I noticed the chrome defect a few days after purchasing the phone and like I said it is not enough alone to make me want to return the phone. After about a week I noticed all the other problems and decided I needed to exchange it. So I call bb and they were out of stock. So I figured I would wait considering I also had Sprint insurance. Then it got down to the last week before the 30 days was up, I emailed Sprint to confirm the insurance would cover it, explained the situation with best buy and they said they would note my account and it wouldn't be a problem exchanging after 30 days.

I work a lot of hours every week and bb is a hour drive from me so needless to say I don't have time to call or go to bb 10 times a week. There is no need to get all hostile about this. My cell phone is not the number 1 thing in my life. If I pay a good amount of money for a phone I expect to take it out of the box and it to have no defects (even cosmetic) is there something wrong with that?