View Single Post
Old 11-29-2008, 01:25 AM
PocketPcUser
Regular 'Geeker

PocketPcUser is keeping up the good workPocketPcUser is keeping up the good workPocketPcUser is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to PocketPcUser Send a message via MSN to PocketPcUser
Re: Touch Pro Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewMC View Post
This is just a quick post but my first impression of the phone in comparison to my 700wx & PPC6700 was wow!. The general user can use this phone for probably about anything they are going to do right out of the box. Alot of the tweaks/hacks that we all did & software that we paid for on the Treo 700wx are already included or have been fixed in WM6.1, which Sprint should have given us an upgrade for anyway but I know their goal is to sell more phones so I guess it's working. Off the subject, anyway us geeks/power users can limp by happier than before for a week or so without modding anything with this phone and that says alot, I've had mine for about a week and haven't been on PPCGeeks in that time so I've been ecstatic about this phone. The size difference and increase in hardware & system functionality are tremendous and I haven't had any error messages or had to reset once, a soft reset was necessary 3-4 times a day at moderate use with the 700wx after making a few adjustments from a hard reset. HTC gets two thumbs-up from me and Sprint gets a pat on the back for now. Of course we are all going to customize and tweak to our own liking but I think most of us won't necessarily need anything more than freeware and the great minds here on this forum. I did have battery issues the first day of use but I think that may have been from insufficient charge or leaving an app. running...all we need now is an extended battery for the CDMA version without going to a bigger back cover.
Yes, I completely felt the same way, just after using it for a few minutes in the store. HTC and Sprint really have done a great job, and I think more is deserved than a "pat on the back" for Sprint. Look at what ATT and Verizon did to their phone... They deserve a SMACK on their back, just to see what kind of ludicris excuses they'll have come out, for what they were thinking when they made theirs the way they did.
by clicking below:

Thanks,
Andrew,