View Single Post
Old 11-27-2008, 01:55 AM
Ender519
PPCGeeks Regular

Ender519 is keeping up the good workEnder519 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Verizon HTC TOUCH PRO Information

For crying out loud, the VZW version is not THAT bad. I've been playing with it all day. About the last thing we need in this thread is about 60 pages worth of trolling about "SPR1NT RUlEZ lolololoz1!!11!!" Might I remind you, and I know I'll have to shout to reach you up on that pedestal, that Sprint consistently comes in last in customer service, last in network quality, and first in technical foul-ups.

We aren't talking about a Ferarri vs a Yugo here... the Sprint version does look better, and I doubt that you'll find a single person in this thread to argue otherwise. But the Verizon version looks much better in person than people here are making it out to be. You aren't going to be shamed into oblivion if you whip out this phone and show it off. In fact, it's pretty much the nicest PDA phone I've ever owned, and I'm on #7 now. My complaints are few.. shiny plastic shows fingerprints REALLY well, and the squared off shape looks dated.

Internally it's the same phone with a slightly different processor (though clocked the same at 528 Mhz), double the intimate shared memory, and less available free memory. The rest is aesthetics. People will be able to tweak the hell out of this phone as soon as the custom rom's start coming, so I'm not going to sweat this. Besides, look at the other PDA phones VZW is offering.. it's not like there is an alternative, unless you don't mind paying more (in most cases) for a phone from another carrier.

At the end of the day, I've consistently been able to rely on Verizon for business use. In that context, there is nothing I can't do on this phone based on the design or the free memory that I wanted to be able to do on the phone. I've had 4-5 programs running at once and still didn't see much lag.

Last edited by Ender519; 11-27-2008 at 01:58 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.