View Single Post
Old 11-25-2008, 01:05 PM
dcharlip
N00b

dcharlip is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Text messaging input box size registry edit

There is a file in your Windows directory called "thread_sms.htm". Here are the contents of that file:
<html XMLNS:Inbox>

<head>
<object id="HTMLFormFactory" CLASSID="clsid:29d48cf7-ed6a-4a9d-a17a-ae9115c07a90" />
<?IMPORT NAMESPACE="Inbox" IMPLEMENTATION="#HTMLFormFactory" />
<link rel="stylesheet" href="file://\windows\thread_style.css" type="text/css" />
</head>

<body>
<Inbox:ThreadIFrame>
<Inbox:content id="THREADIFRAME" links />
</Inbox:ThreadIFrame>

<div id="threadbottom">
<hr class="divider" size="1" />
<Inbox:ComposeBodyCount>
<Inbox:content ID="COMPOSEBODYCOUNT" format="%1!d!/%2!d!%4 (%3!d! messages)" title />
</Inbox:ComposeBodyCount>
<Inbox:ComposeSubject class="sms">
<Inbox:content id="COMPOSESUBJECT" width="98%" height=35 spell focus count links noclearonbackpresshold limit=0 autocap inserttab scroll />
</Inbox:ComposeSubject>
</div>

</body>
You need to change the height (highlighted in red, above)to something larger than 35. I use 70 and it seems to work fine. The trick is opening, editing and saving the file. I used Rescoe Explorer to check the properties for the file. It is a Read Only, System, ROM file. I copied the file to My Documents and changed the properties by deselecting those boxes. I then opened the file with Notes, changed the height value, saved the file and changed the properties so Read Only and System were checked again. I left the ROM box unchecked. Copied the file back to Windows and, voila! The input box was twice the size.