gxip
PPCGeeks Regular

gxip is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Talking Re: IGO 8 and the Sprint Diamond

Quote:
Originally Posted by rose1 View Post
use advanced config and make sure agps is turned it. It was off by default on my touch pro. My IG08 version 8.3 works flawlessly
Does that have anything to do with the gps radio not staying on? I was reading this thread at xda-dev that was specifying how you need to use gpsgate or similar software to change from com 4 to com 2 and then use another software which I can't remember the name now to leave the gps radio on while you use iguidance/tomtom or another one (not sure if that was for the igo8 as well).

I'm going to look for the post and link it if I can or post any relevant information. Maybe someone can correct me if I'm wrong or mixing things up. I'll edit this and add it, but it might take a while since I found a link to it in a 58 page long thread, or maybe it was the 13 page one...lol be back asap...

Found it... I haven't tried any since I haven't installed IGO8 to my phone yet.. But as soon as I do I'll see what problems arise and if I'll need this. Nevertheless if this fixes anything let me know please...

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=364199

If you decide you need this check on post #13 as well (seems like a nice tutorial/explanation on using it)...
Also it seems like you don't need the gpsgate for the igo, you can just change the com in settings i gues...

I apologize if this seems stupid or pointless (just thought it might help)...

Last edited by gxip; 11-25-2008 at 01:21 PM.