View Single Post
Old 11-24-2008, 03:08 AM
MPetrosino
Lurker

MPetrosino is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Tethering issues PLEASE HELP!

Ok so heres my dilemma. I figured I would test out tethering and see what my speeds are. So I connected my TP to my computer and selected the "Tethering" option when it showed up on my phone and thought, ok this should be easy. It connected to my computer, so i disabled my current wireless connection thinking my phones connection would automatically take over. But i was wrong, as a matter of fact nothing happened. When i checked my network settings, it told me i was connected with limited or no internet. Huh? Really? did i do something wrong? When you select tethering from the popup screen does it automatically run the Internet Sharing app?
So now i tried unplugging and replugging my phone back in and now that little popup screen doesnt even show up. Activesync doesnt connect, but i figured you couldnt run activesync and tethering at the same time. But now even worse is when i go to the Internet Sharing app and hit connect, it doesnt connect, it just says "Check usb Cable". As im doing all of this i have network connections up on my computer, watching to see if anything changes. So here i am in the internet sharing app and i hit connect, it says check usb cable, so i hit disconnect and right when i hit disconnect, it shows that im connected on my pc. ????? But even still when i try to surf the web it doesnt work. IDK what i/i'm did/doing wrong.
I like the popup screen when i connect my device to pc and would like to get that back if possible. Can someone please shed some light on 1.How to Tether 2. How to get the popup screen back (even though in all settings->connections->usb to pc->"ask about connection type when i connect" IS checked)
Tried a soft reset to see if that would change anything, but nothing changed.