View Single Post
Old 11-22-2008, 09:36 AM
rstoyguy
SuperNoob
Threadstarter

rstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: How to Customize a Custom Rom: Adding/Removing Programs

Quote:
Originally Posted by puff View Post
So lets say you wanted to move opera (not just the start menu shortcut) to \Opera

First you would obviously create the directory, but then can you move (rather than just copy) using the initflashfiles ?
initflashfiles can only copy files, you'd use provxml to copy, then delete the entry. I'm not sure about deleting a file cooked into the rom, but both initflashfiles and provxml will overwrite a file cooked into rom. That's how I do my startup screens in my rom. But you can't overwrite a file in use by the OS already, like once I tried to do no2chems battery.dll like that but since the .dll was already in use it wouldn't overwrite it.

Back to opera, that's what I call an intense app. You'd have to change all the registry entries and file/data locations as well...