View Single Post
Old 11-22-2008, 02:07 AM
Lylej2k
Geek'n it Up

Lylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Lylej2k
Re: How to COMPLETELY and PERMANENTLY DISABLE DATA

Quote:
Originally Posted by adampeoples View Post
I changed my mind about sleep. This has been bugging me too much to leave a possible resolution on the table.

I soft-reset my phone to see what effect the CDMA change had. I'm attaching screenshots, but you can see that the CDMA edit successfully killed the Verizon data connection in the connections manager [connections task tab]. BUT...my wifi doesnt work now. It turns on for just a second, sees the wireless signal, and then disables itself before it can connect.

I'm not sure, but thay MIGHT be caused by the fact that internet is not available as an option for connection. See [advanced network mgmt] the only options are ISP and work network and I dont think either of those is for wifi.

My new problem is that wifi disconnects immediately. I click enable, and within a second or two it disables itself - despite a wireless router 2 feet away.

Do we address the wifi problem or do I TRY to reverse my changes and test the NoData program?
give me a minute to check advanced configuration tool to see if there's something there.

OK yes, there's an option to disable the data connection in Adv config. I'll find you a link.
Don't forget to hit the

Last edited by Lylej2k; 11-22-2008 at 02:09 AM.