View Single Post
Old 11-19-2008, 08:32 PM
longuyen
Lurker

longuyen is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Haha.. Direct quote from the service tech...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsgjunkie View Post
Yes, they ordered another. I'm a little worried though because I leave for 2 1/2 weeks on Friday. Part of me wants to keep the one I have now because I've learned how to baby it and its problems, instead of taking another refurb with only a slim hope of it being better.

Worst part is, Sprint tells me they won't/can't do a thing for me until I resign a contract. I don't think that is fair. This isn't my problem to fix. I asked the retention manager this question:

"If you bought a brand new car 6 months ago and at the time of purchase you were even talked into the extended warranty, then over the last 3 months you've had nothing but problems - Would you just buy a new car to end the headache or would you expect the dealership to take care of the situation?"

The arse answered, "Well I wouldn't expect something unreasonable from the dealership - I wouldn't expect them to give me a brand new car for free"..

My reply was "Good, then we're on the same base. I'm not asking for anything unreasonable nor free. I already paid for the phone, therefore not free, and I just want to use my phone how its intended, therefore not unreasonable."

I was nice to the guy until he started giving me attitude. The conversation even started with.. "I'm sorry you're the one that has to deal with this, because I know its not your fault, but I'm a simple customer who is extremely frustrated, and in need of some help."

I love Sprint's service. I love my plan. I even love my phone when it works. But holy hell, I'm inches away from dumping them and getting to a carrier that not only stays on top of the phone market, but also treats their customers with respect. Sprint is like the Southwest of cell carriers. Maybe its back to VZW for me.

Are you on the SERO plan? It seems to me that Sprint Customers on the SERO plan would not be getting some deals such as an offer to change phones, or help fixing the issue with the HTC Mogul. I bet if you were on the $99 Simply Everything Plan, Sprint would give a **** about getting you a working Phone. Just my Opinion.

BTW, good luck on getting a working Mogul. I just received my Refurb today from Sprint. Everything is working well and no white spots. Even the bluetooth sound clearer. However it is running WM 6.0 though.