Old 06-18-2007, 05:18 AM
jbonilla
PPCGeeks Regular

jbonilla is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by storyr
Interesting... In my Today settings, Mobile Shell does have the move up/down option available. I wonder if it's version related? I'm running beta 4.

Question: are you also running WP-Pilot? And if so, is it in "invisible" mode? If so, try this: Activate teh WP-Pilot cursor. Press and hold the center button. A dialog will open. Tap the "Check Today Plugin Order". This little WP-Pilot utility will resolve any plugin order discrepancies...
I'm running the beta 4 that was linked in this thread. I don't remember if the original version allowed me to do it, but thinking back to the way my today screen was then, probably not.

I wasn't running either WeatherPanel or WP-Pilot at the time I tried since I had just recently done a hard reset. I did try installing WeatherPanel and WP-Pilot 2.0 tonight and it didn't make a difference to whether or not I could move Mobile Shell. I couldn't even get the dialog to open to get to "Check Today Plugin Order". Whenever I would hold down on the center button, nothing would happen until I released it, at which time whatever item the pointer was on would activate. Weird that I couldn't get it to work -- I tried with WP-Pilot above and below WeatherPanel, invisible and 1 pixel.

I ended up looking through the registry and comparing the Today entries for phoneAlarm and Mobile Shell and tried changing a couple of items. Lo and behold, after a soft reset, Mobile Shell was moved all the way to the bottom. I went into the Today Settings and now had the ability to move Mobile Shell down. The question will be whether or not Mobile Shell tries to reset the registry if I need to change any settings, which would cause it to revert back to the original behavior after a reset. Thanks for your help anyway!