PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

cpm199 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: HTC Touch screen dark area?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeiyuu View Post
same problem, i am on my second touch now.. had the spot for a few months already..

haven't had the time to take it into the sprint store, but definitely will sometime next week.

EDIT: went to the sprint store today 11/15/08 to ask and see if i could get it fixed (because at this point i don't care if i get a refurbished Touch, the dark spot is messing my enjoyment of watching videos on my device).. the rep told me it is considered physical damage and that i would either have to spend $50 and sent it through insurance, or pay $116 to have the screen fixed.. I am pissed!! (especially because i didn't even ask for a NEW phone OR upgrade) WTH?!?!? Time to write a letter..
Yeah man, don't give up. I highly recommend signing up for the Insurance then wait a couple of weeks and make a claim on the screen. I think it's bogus that they won't repair the screen on what is certainly a proven manufacture defect. I have had the insurance from day one on my Touch and It has been a great asset due to this screen issue. Another approach is direct them to this thread so they can see that this is a pattern. I just tried to see if I could find a vid on YouTube that shows this issue, but I struck out. I did find one on a somewhat similar Touch Diamond issue, check it out. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3umby-sWeW0

BTW, I fired up my last phone before I returned it and tried to apply pressure to the areas around the dark spot and while it did manipulate the spot some, I'm not sure I'm convinced that the spots are due to pressure from touching components under the screen. If that were the case then it seems the spots would always be in the same one or two locations, but from what I've seen these spots are showing up in random locations. So far my 3rd Touch has not had any spots show up, and hopefully it stays that way.