View Single Post
Old 11-17-2008, 10:19 PM
pyrotechnomimus
N00b

pyrotechnomimus is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [11/13] 3.0 12mb, 24mb, 32mb & 48mb Pagepool and SUPER CLEAN

As far as the best features of this ROM so far is the fact that quite literally it makes your HTC Touch Pro, which is already a great device, into something that is super duper fantastic. This is my first post, and I just had to come in and say, hey, thanks! I purchased my touch pro a few days ago, it ran swell after I updated everything on the normal side of things, but not only was I not using a bunch of the junk that Sprint had implemented (i.e. Sprint TV) but I was finding after some use with a few windows open it slowed down. It struck me as a ROM flaw. So I started with advanced configuration tool, moved on to try diamond config, and found it worked so much better with just some default changes that I had to try a whole ROM swap. And guess what? I will be forever indebted.

The only flaw I've found so far is the message issue where if you are in threaded messages and someone responds to you, and then you go back to your homescreen you still see that message as unread. I'm trying some various settings to see if I can fix that and then I'll mention what I did, but even that isn't a big deal at all. I mean, if that's the only issue with getting a phone easily far faster than a tweaked original, I can say I'm a happy HTC Touch Pro owner mostly because of Jugs. Also, battery life seems greatly improved from normal ROM, but from a Tweaked ROM I can't tell yet, only first day with the 3.0 ROM. When I go to work on Wednesday I'll have the ultimate test cause that day is a long long long day. I'll post again then, but hopefully 4.0 is out by then, I'm waiting for it before I start tweaking more things.
This post has been thanked 1 times.