View Single Post
Old 11-17-2008, 03:56 PM
rainfreak
Gettin' Freaky With It

rainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to rainfreak
Re: Best Call Recorder

Quote:
Originally Posted by yerp View Post
again, just wrong, but atleast you pointed him in the direction of the software he wanted.

don't listen to these people, they are talking out of their a$$es. it is perfectly LEGAL to record a phone conversation ANYWHERE in the USA. there is ONE stipulation that will cover your *** in the few states that require it.....some states require the person recording the conversation to notify the party being recorded before the conversation starts. that is why whenever you call pretty much any corporate # they start off saying "this call may be recorded blah blah blah". without this disclaimer, the recording *could* not be admissible in court in some states.....although, that would depend on how much of a tight a$$ the judge presiding over the case was.
Where exactly do you get your all knowing knowledge of phone recording laws for the U.S.? You certainly speak like you know what is going on but to someone like me who knows the facts, you obviously woudn't know to answer the clue phone if it was in your hand ringing.

I am basing my post on multiple conferences for IT security and privacy laws as well as numerous discussions with multiple corporate attorneys. I am in charge of IT at my company and therefore in charge of our call recording solution. My post was dead on accurate in that some states have no (current) laws regarding call recording while others only require one party to be aware of the recording process. There are, however, a (small but growing) number of states that require both parties to be alerted of the recording process.

There are also laws governing intrastate and interstate call recordings, which make it much more convoluted and would be impossible to get into great detail here. That and I am NOT an attorney and would not presume to know all of the rules in all of the states. However I do know what I am talking about and have backed it up with factual proof in the links below.

Please do us all a favor and do your homework the next time you want to post conjecture on a forum. And if you don't want to do your homework, at least have the decency to assume that you are wrong and don't make wild guesses p@ssed off as fact that could ultimately cause a legal issue for other people.

Here are the facts from mulitple web sites, the first of which is the FCC:

http://www.fcc.gov/cgb/consumerfacts/recordcalls.html

http://www.rcfp.org/taping/states.html

http://www.callcorder.com/phone-reco...aw-america.htm

Last edited by rainfreak; 11-17-2008 at 05:43 PM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.