View Single Post
Old 11-16-2008, 01:35 PM
mrrogers1
Regular 'Geeker

mrrogers1 is keeping up the good workmrrogers1 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Thumbs up Re: A little tough Love about battery issues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by houdini View Post
I mostly agree with the OP. I was actually a little surprised at the battery life on this phone after a few days of use (it got better).

I do still think there are major problems. The heat/not charging is a real problem. The battery discharges quickly when the heat issues start. My first TP got soooo hot after a phone call. The new replacement I got two days ago seems better. None of my other ppc devices have done this.

As baffles said, it should be able to run off the charger.

I agree with the OP and I think the life is comparable if not better than my Mogul AND the TP FLYS compared to the Mogul so no complaints here. When buying (sounds like) any HTC device you need to buy at least 1 backup battery and keep a charger handy or at minimum a mini usb plug to stay safe. Oh, and if I have to choose between 3 OE size batteries and a HUGE aftermarket like the one I had for my 6700, I'd stick with my 3. The TP is very pocket friendly (even more so than the 6800 was) and I really like that in such a power little device. It's amazing really...

It's just a fact of HTC life.

Now on the heat, I'm just going to keep monitoring this on my device. I have one of the very early build dated phones and I have had it get quite HOT once so far. I didn't really think twice about it then but now I am paying close attention as I am aware that there could be an issue.

Only time will tell if it's a real defect but one thing is for sure, I love my TP. The Mogul was a good device, the TP is a great device with a professional look and ballz to back it up now. HTC has risen the bar with the TP so I really hope the engineers have something left because I'm hooked on HTC/WINMO for life.

Last edited by mrrogers1; 11-16-2008 at 01:37 PM.
This post has been thanked 3 times.