View Single Post
Old 11-15-2008, 06:30 PM
MaryGladys
PPCGeeks Regular

MaryGladys is keeping up the good workMaryGladys is keeping up the good workMaryGladys is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: CNET ratings of the Touch Pro, unfair? Lets show support for our favorite WM devi

Quote:
Originally Posted by x10guy View Post
Can't believe everyone is getting so worked up over a CNET review which you may agree or disagree with...

And another interesting thing that ALMOST always seems to happen. Apple and the iphone always seems to get included in the discussion. I think we have serious insecurities when it comes to the iphone. We get really bent out of shape when the iphone gets a good review or when it gets more attention.

Simply put, get the phone that you like the best and just be content with that. If you love the Touch Pro... Great! BE HAPPY and don't get so bent out of shape what others say about it.... or what the iphone does or doesn't do.
Ok, maybre I am wrong, but what most people are having issue with is that CNET is *SUPPOSED* to be like a Consumer Reports for folks. And it's not. I would TOTALLY be cool if the editors just said "It's my opinion that the phone sucks." Instead, they insinuate they are masters of the universe and that they can be trusted advisors. They aren't.

I shudder at how many times non-technical folks have asked me for an opinion on something they read was totally awesome on CNET and it is totally junk.

I have had to tell people they are banished from going there.....and begged them to find places like this forum. Go to the source, man. Go talk to people who actually have a working knowledge about the dang thang.

So, maybe we need to educate people to become better reseachers and leave CNET to it's own propaganda machine.

To be honest, I only go there to see what they slam and then buy it. Haha.

It's like the buddy you have who recommends certain restaurants....ones you know to avoid. Hahaha.

Yeah, I also think some Apple people are all about the underdog. And, well, I admire them. But little do they know Apple is just as bad. It's big business. Sheesh, there's no real underdogs out there in big business .

Linux, maybe for a time....

Last edited by MaryGladys; 11-15-2008 at 06:33 PM.