View Single Post
Old 11-15-2008, 05:52 PM
gator352
Gatornator

gator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: CNET ratings of the Touch Pro, unfair? Lets show support for our favorite WM devi

Quote:
Originally Posted by SprintTouch08 View Post
i totally agree that at this point its silly and futile. so what the Pro got 3.5 stars and the iphone got 4. the BB Bold got 4 stars too, so are they BB fanboys now too? What about all the other WM devices that only got 3.5? 1/2 a star, in a totally subjective scoring be it, on cnet and people are blowing a nut like this is the end of WM as we know it. Who cares? Are you going to go to every single tech website and write positive reviews or are you going to get off the computer live your life and actually enjoy your device purchase? Honestly its silly and futile and wont stop people from making a choice in phone that they want

This wont swing economic stature either thats a silly response too and you know it. Its cnet, its not the majority of people or the major source of information. TV commercials are still the number ONE source of false advertising for electronic devices to sway a customer. If Cnet accounted for .01% of swing decisions by customers id be shocked it was so high

People will buy what they want based on their needs, and a very small percent of wireless consumers read cnet, and fewer base their purchase off of the reviews or user reviews.

If you want to email cnet and point out there errors thats one thing, but to play a childish game of who can post more positive user reviews is immature and playing right into that immature iphone group you people keep pointing out how rediculous they are. youre acting EXACTLY the same now responding to it.

REALLY? Fox News and Republican ring a bell? So what is "trusted" then? Every news source is entitled to their opinion no matter what it is- First Amendment. Simply deal with it and hope that people are the educated ones to know the difference, if theyre not there nothing you can personally do.

as i said above total BS, the iphone has cause other device prices to FALL to match and be competitive- BB Storm, Instinct, etc all prices at 199 to match up against iphone 3g. PPC's are NEVER and have never been priced cheap to the avg consumer, totally different target audience and pricing scheme

P.S i hope you actually got mods permission to make the exact same thread again and didnt undercut a mod's decision to move it to go and make a new one.
Man, It's not really all about cnet or even the actual phone for me. It's about people giving the TP a bad rating that have never used it. Some of the reviews I read stated....duh, uh, duh, it doesn't have 3G! Well, if they actually saw, used, and read up on the fact, they woulda realized that EVDO REV.A is a step up from 3G. But they didn't do their homework so it's ok for them to give the TP a bad rating? I could really careless about the stupid ratings or even the review of the phone itself. I like my TP and that's that. But it is the principle of it all plus it was fun bashing apple fanboys. If you bought a new car that you saved for for years for and love it, then you take it to a car show and people bash it saying...I "heard" it drives like crap! or I started it up before and it didn't "sound" fast enough for me, yadda yadda, and gave your car a bad review, wouldn't you try to defend it?? Or would you cower to the will of the people? Positive attitudes = Positive results.

Last edited by gator352; 11-15-2008 at 05:58 PM.