View Single Post
Old 11-15-2008, 04:14 PM
SprintTouch08
Almost a VIP

SprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: CNET ratings of the Touch Pro, unfair? Lets show support for our favorite WM devi

Quote:
Originally Posted by x10guy View Post
I don't get it.
Does it REALLY matter that much what CNET or other users rate the phone?

I read CNET's review. I didn't see that much wrong with it. I also read some of the user reviews... there are some that were definitely too harsh with it ... but plenty others (probably from here) that were definitely too over enthusiastic with it. It's called an OPINION. Whether we agree with them or not... it's still an opinion. It's NOT an issue of fairness.

Besides, does it really matter that much that we have to "PROVE" something to the CNET editors?

Just enjoy the phone and DON'T WORRY what other people think.
i totally agree that at this point its silly and futile. so what the Pro got 3.5 stars and the iphone got 4. the BB Bold got 4 stars too, so are they BB fanboys now too? What about all the other WM devices that only got 3.5? 1/2 a star, in a totally subjective scoring be it, on cnet and people are blowing a nut like this is the end of WM as we know it. Who cares? Are you going to go to every single tech website and write positive reviews or are you going to get off the computer live your life and actually enjoy your device purchase? Honestly its silly and futile and wont stop people from making a choice in phone that they want

This wont swing economic stature either thats a silly response too and you know it. Its cnet, its not the majority of people or the major source of information. TV commercials are still the number ONE source of false advertising for electronic devices to sway a customer. If Cnet accounted for .01% of swing decisions by customers id be shocked it was so high

People will buy what they want based on their needs, and a very small percent of wireless consumers read cnet, and fewer base their purchase off of the reviews or user reviews.

If you want to email cnet and point out there errors thats one thing, but to play a childish game of who can post more positive user reviews is immature and playing right into that immature iphone group you people keep pointing out how rediculous they are. youre acting EXACTLY the same now responding to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodThings2Life View Post
News sites used to adhere to a standard of professionalism and reported facts objectively, not subjectively. It should STILL be that way. I don't care that people have different opinions, but I do care that those opinions are educated versus biased.
REALLY? Fox News and Republican ring a bell? So what is "trusted" then? Every news source is entitled to their opinion no matter what it is- First Amendment. Simply deal with it and hope that people are the educated ones to know the difference, if theyre not there nothing you can personally do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodThings2Life View Post
Biased reporting also has a nasty economic consequence. When people are flocking to one product religiously, the prices of that product go up with the demand, good old econ 101. Well, when the competition isn't able to sell as many due to the bias against their products, so they also have no motivation to lower cost (they have to recoup their losses somehow), so they sell a good product at a high price and wonder why they're not selling.
as i said above total BS, the iphone has cause other device prices to FALL to match and be competitive- BB Storm, Instinct, etc all prices at 199 to match up against iphone 3g. PPC's are NEVER and have never been priced cheap to the avg consumer, totally different target audience and pricing scheme

P.S i hope you actually got mods permission to make the exact same thread again and didnt undercut a mod's decision to move it to go and make a new one.

Last edited by SprintTouch08; 11-15-2008 at 04:29 PM.