View Single Post
Old 11-15-2008, 12:38 PM
MaryGladys
PPCGeeks Regular

MaryGladys is keeping up the good workMaryGladys is keeping up the good workMaryGladys is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: CNET ratings of the Touch Pro, unfair? Lets show support for our favorite WM devi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unflushablelog View Post
good idea, done and done.
i wanted to contact bonnie cha and ask her why they couldn't give an extra half star for the improvements the tp made over its predecessors, but she's probably untouchable lol.
Don't much care for Bonnie Cha's reviews. After doing more research, I found her very biased and her reviews are kinda fluffy. Can't think of the place I went to, but it was more like a Tom's Hardware place for phones. One gal totally went to great depths to test phones. She lived with them and abused them. Now a person who does that, you're gonna get a review.

I think Cha is more like those funky food critics who get so spoiled with awesome food that they end up losing their taste buds and start thinking a dessert of ice cream with a balsamic vinegar glaze is just a special treat. At that point, it's time to step back and clear your palate.

I think Cha needs to do this - step back. I also think she is probably reviewing for a special audience and we aren't that target audience. I only use CNET as a jumping off point, but for serious reviews, it's places like PPCGEEKS you need to go - and see how many REAL users are complaining. Did the same thing with my Lenovo T61. Still pretty partial to my Thinkpads....Poor thing gets abused by a 2 year old standing on the keyboard daily and still works wonderfully....

Last edited by MaryGladys; 11-15-2008 at 12:41 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.