View Single Post
Old 11-15-2008, 11:45 AM
yerp
Regular 'Geeker

yerp is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyerp is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyerp is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyerp is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyerp is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Best Call Recorder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young_breedent View Post
You sound like the police lol...why do you want to record your conversations ..and i think it's illegal to record someone without there permission......but oh well lol i think the voice recorder that comes with the phone does that. While on a call just go to the voice recorder and press record. Hope this helps
ummm.....wrong, you sound like an idiot...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geekcop View Post
Youngbreed's right. It's illegal to record a phone call without the other party knowing about it. There's exceptions, but I won't bore you with the details, so you might want to think about it before you do it.
no, youngbreed's wrong, but please bore us with the details that you obviously don't know...

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainfreak View Post
Actually it is illegal in most states in the U.S., however there are a small handful that could care less. An important thing to note that whether it is illegal in the state that you are in or not, nothing recorded over the phone (without expressed consent from the other caller) is inadmissable in court.

That said, Resco Audio Recorder does a good job...
again, just wrong, but atleast you pointed him in the direction of the software he wanted.

don't listen to these people, they are talking out of their a$$es. it is perfectly LEGAL to record a phone conversation ANYWHERE in the USA. there is ONE stipulation that will cover your *** in the few states that require it.....some states require the person recording the conversation to notify the party being recorded before the conversation starts. that is why whenever you call pretty much any corporate # they start off saying "this call may be recorded blah blah blah". without this disclaimer, the recording *could* not be admissible in court in some states.....although, that would depend on how much of a tight a$$ the judge presiding over the case was.