View Single Post
Old 11-14-2008, 03:33 PM
no2chem
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

no2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: MEID on Titan/Vogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by petermg View Post
I must confess, I had never heard of a MEID prior to this thread. I found what it is here:
http://www.phonescoop.com/glossary/term.php?gid=254
Claims it's a replacement for ESNs.... so according to the original post stating that "A MEID is not a ESN, and is not a uniquely identifying serial number for a Titan/Vogue like a ESN is. Most likely, you are adding a MEID for pure fun!".. according to the definition I found in the link I just posted, it seems to claim the opposite.
Yes, for the Diamond and newer devices, MEID is the serial number... However, as it is not set in the shipped Titan, it could not be the serial number.