View Single Post
Old 11-14-2008, 03:09 AM
dr g
Regular 'Geeker

dr g is keeping up the good workdr g is keeping up the good workdr g is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Crappy OEM Touch Pro case

Maybe I'm weird but I don't mind the stock case. Sure it could be better, but it is IMO not nearly as bad as some are making it out to be. Personally, I prefer velcro because I store the case with my wallet when I get home and hate having to worry about facing magnets away from my credit cards. The case fits nicely and I honestly don't think the protection is as bad as it seems, because the phone itself is smaller and lighter than many earlier models. The interaction with the headphone plug, however, isn't very good.

I had a stock 6700 case which is of a similar design, and IMO this case is much better, even though the materials may not seem as luxurious.

One thing, though, that will probably get me to upgrade, is something many cases share which I consider a flaw -- open clips. IMO there should be some kind of secure loop, as it is too easy to knock an case with an open clip off your belt when bumping a piece of furniture, moving around outdoors or taking off a shoulder bag, for example. My favorite clip arrangement I have used so far is this: http://images.marketplaceadvisor.cha...33_3_efc_L.jpg with a secondary secure snap-loop that works in tandem with the clip.

Though with the Pro being so small and relatively light, I have not yet felt it in danger of being knocked off.

Last edited by dr g; 11-14-2008 at 03:13 AM.