View Single Post
Old 11-12-2008, 04:08 PM
drkerry
Lurker

drkerry is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: POLL: Audio Problems on your Touch Pro?

I have found that my Touch Pro's speaker has very poor sound quality when using the device for everyday telephone use. The sound coming from the earpiece speaker is distorted. It almost sounds as though the earpiece speaker is being driven too hard by the output audio amplifier or the equalizer settings are way off for a spoken voice. The speaker phone seems to work well as does the wired headset. I called HTC to get some advice and the only solution they could provide was to try and plug in the wired USB headset and then go and adjust the equalizer settings in the Audio Booster program. This I knew would not solve the problem since this program only works in conjunction with the USB headset and has no effect on the built-in speakers.

I also went back to the Sprint Store (suburban Philadelphia) where I bought my Touch Pro. Here I made a test call with their demo Pro and it too had exactly the same audio problem. Finally, I tried placing a call with the demo Touch Diamond and the sound quality was much better. This leads me to believe that there is some sort of defect in the Pro either a hardware or firmware issue.

Thanks for your replies.

Device Data (type ##786# with the keyboard):

Build Date: 10/13/2008
ROM Date: 09/12/08
Software Version 1.03.651.3
Firmware Version 1.03.15F
Hardware Version 0002